Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology??is??a 2-year diploma course pursued after the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education. This medical course involves advanced professional learning in:
- Treatment of diseases in patients through clinical laboratory tests.
In nature, the course runs parallel to typical medical courses like MBBS.
Major components of study that form part of the??DMLT Syllabus??are:
- analysis of body matter such as:
- body fluids
- micro-organism screening.
- chemical analysis.
- cell count procedures that are used to detect certain diseases in patients.
Course Fees: Rs. 70000 /-
Course Duration: 1270 Hrs.
Such professionals are typically recruited as:
- Medical Lab Technicians
They are responsible for:
- collecting information.
- sampling it.
- reporting and documenting their medical investigations
- conducting research studies supervised by medical researchers.
- maintaining report accuracy.
- conducting complex tests.
- performing routine tests under stipulated conditions.
- preparing specimens.
- operating automated sample-analysing machines.
- arranging and setting up testing equipment.
- maintaining lab equipment.
- supervising experiments.
- maintaining tools and safe conditions.
Such postgraduates of??DMLT??are actively involved in the following procedures:
- Blood banking
- Clinical Chemistry (chemical analysis of body fluids)
- Haematology (blood related)
- Immunology (study of immune system)
- Microbiology (study of bacteria and other disease-carrying organisms)
- Cytotechnology (study of human tissue)
- Urine analysis
- Blood Sample Matching
- Drug Efficacy Tests
??Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology [DMLT]: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course
- Course Level– Diploma
- Duration– 2 years
- Examination Type– Yearly System
- Eligibility– 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects
- Admission Process– Direct admission/ entrance test in some cases.
- Course Fee– INR 5,000 – 1 lakh
- Average Starting Salary– INR 2 – 5 lacs
- Top Recruiting Organizations’– Ranbaxy, Amway, Sun Pharma, etc.
- Top Recruiting Areas’– Clinical laboratories, biotechnology labs, hospitals, clinics, healthcare center, universities, research center, organ banks, medical equipment companies, pharmaceutical firms, and such.
- Top Job Profiles- CT Scan Technicians, Anaesthesia Technicians, Dental Mechanics [Technicians], Operation Theatre Technicians, Anaesthesia Technologist, CT Scan and MRI Technicians, etc., among others such.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology [DMLT]: What is it About?
The course??is an allied health/paramedical course that is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases through clinical laboratory tests.
Lab Technologists are needed by doctors to help analyse results for treating diseases that they specialize in. The program covers preclinical subjects such as:
- Blood Banking.
Students enrolled to the course are imparted training in laboratory management ethics through:
- practical sessions
- internal assessment
- an internship training program, of a 6-month duration.
As part of the course, such students are taught to:
- handle clinical tests, laboratory equipment, microscopic and automated equipment, and others.
- match blood samples for blood transfusions and diabetic count.
- test and check cholesterol levels and blood pressure in the body.
- find the cause of such ailments.
- file reports that are passed on to the concerned doctor who recommends medication to the patient for the same.
- conduct such tests.
- maintain laboratory equipment like:
- test tubes
- safely dispose waste.
- practice safety, cautiousness, and attentiveness at all times, such as wearing protective clothing, among others.
- make reports for patients??? treatment.
Interested Diploma holders may go for pursuing advanced studies in the discipline, such as post-graduation in:
- Chemical Chemistry
- Coagulation, and others such.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology [DMLT]: Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess:
- discipline and attentiveness.
- ability to conduct research.
- ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency and accuracy.
- stress-handling ability.
- analytical judgment.
- patience to interpret technical/scientific data.
- knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
- mechanical aptitude.
- basic computer skills.
Send an Enquiry